• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VII (Fok)

Mike I would love to build one of these kits, but at the cost of this kit I'm still honing my skills, your wings look very good I hope you fixed the fuse trouble .... :popcorn

Gerry-- I don't have a whole ton of skills-- just enjoying the well engineered kit ;). Just need to be more careful fitting everything together ;)

Mike-- like Bob said- the kit decals went down a treat. I used Micro Sol to settle them in...had some air bubbles that took a couple extra treatments...but as you can see it all turned out ok ;)

Mike-- like Bob said- the kit decals went down a treat. I used Micro Sol to settle them in...had some air bubbles that took a couple extra treatments...but as you can see it all turned out ok ;)

I can attest to that brother.

They caution you all over the place about not using Sol or Set, but I couldn't get them down at first, so I tried them and shazaaaaam, they were great. They laid down so tight (just Vallejo primer and Future underneath) that when I changed my mind about the tailplane and tried to get them off, it was the hardest task of the whole build, I soaked them overnight in water, then vinegar, then alcohol, nothing broke the bond. I had scrape them off with a #11.

I also had bits and pieces of lozenge stuck to bits and pieces of me for days after. :D

Awesome decals, brings me out in a sweat just thinking of doing those. I have a WNW kit in my stash and it keeps waiting as I'm too chicken to decal whole wings lol.

Tom you'd be surprised how nicely they lay down. Join us on our WWI Campaign and earn you a campaign ribbon, that one is running for a while now.

Been successful at getting things settled where they are supposed to be...didn't glue down the side flaps yet until the other pieces get added so I have some leeway to get everything snug...
1~0.jpg

2.jpg

And the pause gave me some time to add the belts I forgot to add...d'oh!
3.jpg

Thanks guys! I have some paint down-- and now am contending with these panels. The rear one is placed correctly with the openings for the gear and such-- so now I just need to adjust the front trapezoidal type panels to where they are supposed to be...once that is all set, it's the last shade- Jasta Red...looking forward to seeing all the paint go down....
005~85.jpg

006~78.jpg

007~69.jpg

Good thing I have until 2018 to finish this beastie ;)

Thanks Mark...thanks to my ineptitude I banjaxed the fit a bit but I ought to be able to wrangle it under control....

Back