• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VII (Fok)

Well...it's almost been a year...sad sad. But I watched Flyboys again last night and got bit by the WWI bug...man I wish WNW would do a Nieuport....

Ah well-- here's the reason I put this aside....messed up something in fitting the framing so this panel doesn't exactly line up...but I plan on applying just the right bit of tenacity to get it straightened out ;)
IMG_1095.jpg

Worked on adding a couple extra pieces to the engine and panels...
IMG_1096.jpg

And about to add this PE sleeve to the gun...just need to figure out how...
IMG_1097.jpg

Looks like you got the alignment groves around the ammo and fuel can and the frame out of whack. Have you sealed it up yet?

Nit quite...just a scootch to hold it in place...I'll look closely tomorrow...thanks Bob.

Looks like you got the alignment groves around the ammo and fuel can and the frame out of whack. Have you sealed it up yet?

I see what you're saying now- yeah that's the issue I'm having. One side will be fine, but I can't cinch it in to make everything flush...something else appears out of whack but I can't for the life of me figure it out...will need to apply some firm "pressure"

I see what you're saying now- yeah that's the issue I'm having. One side will be fine, but I can't cinch it in to make everything flush...something else appears out of whack but I can't for the life of me figure it out...will need to apply some firm "pressure"

Err...no. shouldn't need pressure. Pop the fuselage open again and get some pictures of the cockpit frame, all the way around. This thing should just go together.

Yeah...no. There's no way I'm getting the fuselage open again without doing major damage...everything else fits fine- just not that one panel...I'll figure it out but not by restarting ;)

Thanks Gerry!

Bob-- I tried popping off the front part to get a good look and ended up pulling the whole engine out....whoopsies!

So-- here is what I think you wanted close ups of...if not, its all still apart and left aside so I didn't launch it through a wall....
IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

The frame should be closer to the ammo and fuel cans. I'm out of town and don't have my laptop with me so I don't have the original images of my build. If I recall correctly there were some groves that the cans slipped into to help with alignment.

h3f2d933.JPG

The sides of the cans should be flush with the frame. Think that's where the issue is.

Meybe these will help show what Bob is saying.

DSC04560.JPG

DSC04561.JPG

DSC04562.JPG

DSC03234~0.JPG

DSC03233~0.JPG

DSC03232~0.JPG

If the internal frame and components arent all aligned properly then not only will the panels and fuselage sides not align, the wings and landing gear will be all cockeyed also. Hope you can get it sorted out.

James

If I were on my laptop I could point out where the problem is. See the tabs on the sides of the ammo and gas cans? those shooulld be inside the frame. Think you have them but up on the frame.

:zen

Ok...got a little time before the horse show today so I'll give it a look see...thanks Bob and James!

Well...straightened out the one part of the tank...not sure its enough to have everything aligned-- but while we wait, I did the underside of the wings....
007~65.jpg

Looking good on that wing Mike.

Funny thing, seeing that pic both made me want to build another WnW and gave me the chills at the same time. :hmmm

Back