• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Thank all of you for stopping by !
MP, yes, I think they are a little over done.
Adam, no worries. I'm not taking it as critical, at all. I am always open to tips, comments, so fire away. Thanks !
Mike, glad you like her ! You do know good music though !
And my friend Chuck. Thanks so much for taking the time to give an old fart some tips and advice. I like the idea about using sponge to dab it on. I'll give it a try ! Good night all !..............Harv

I treated myself to a little bench time this morning, and tried a bit more weathering with a silver artist pencil. This is were it stands. I like it, I think I'll leave the wing roots as they are. Maybe a bit more weathered than should be, but prove me wrong. Please, all comments welcome. Enjoy....I am.............Harv

100_4526_zps37e0619e.jpg

100_4527_zps741ee917.jpg

100_4531_zpsecebabc7.jpg

Looking really sharp Harv. After all that work and all those trials shes coming together beautifuly (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Had a chance to get to the 38 today. I removed the nose decals last night, and to my horror, a lot of paint along with it. This morning, I masked it off and sprayed some gloss black in a can. Was way to shinny, so buffed it some to tone it down Looks ok. I will put the new decals on later today. Got the left boom aluminum panels done around the turbo and I'm not sure about it. Kind of raggy. I'll think on that. But slipped the turbo in and I like that. Also added some brown wash on the left wing and wiped down. Sure makes a difference. Hope you like............Harv

Back