• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Finished

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Radio Work

Well folks it has been an interesting week but moving forward.

Here is an update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.

This week is all about the radio and the interior. To prep for that I needed to get some initial paint on the cut side and then while I had the airbrush out I sprayed some on the uncut side.

GIUcl64.jpg

CfS0S5p.jpg

After that dried for a couple of days on to the radio.

94ktquJ.jpg

ERqS1Ux.jpg

kv59ofV.jpg

Lv32suV.jpg

CcDPP1B.jpg

Next up is to continue the interior with more work in the cockpit. As for the radio equipment I am pleased with how it looks.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Radio Work

Many thanks. I was really worried about the wiring. It seems to be something that either looks ok or trashy.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Fuselage Closed

How about another update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.

First up here are the last pictures of the interior prior to closing the fuselage.

rKKUH2e.jpg

k8h8xwN.jpg

OQYanHu.jpg

With that ready I can begin the reconstruction of the wing. Starting with the framework.

aefL4gL.jpg

svfF6J8.jpg

I did do a bit of work on the wing armament. Here is my rendition of the M-2 fifty cal.

oXZAflV.jpg

And not forgetting. A picture of the fuselage closed.

i1Rbb1r.jpg

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Wing Work

Well my friends another update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.

This one is all about the wings.

Construction of the framework is done. The stringers are in. The ammo box is in. The wing has been prepped for the armament.

Next up is adding some color.

First is a base of Stynelrez Metal Primer. On that a very uneven almost haphazzard coat of Stynelrez Flat Black. The true colors start with a patchy coat of Model Master Acrylic Zinc Chromate Yellow. This coat is to mimic the actual primer coat of WW2 aircraft. Model Master Enamel Olive Drab is sprayed paying attention to the panel lines but allowing a bit of overspray in areas. A bit of sun bleaching is added by spraying Olive Drab lightened with Model Master Enamel Flat White.

Honestly it is how I had hoped.

BlH5NEx.jpg

B7wfuqD.jpg

CQ8Z2n0.jpg

LY2rSIB.jpg

0QRUsuy.jpg

29Ao7jP.jpg

Next step is the little bits and bobs for the interior of the wing and then to attach the wing to the fuselage. You can see one of the major issues upcoming, that wing root gap.

Joe

Dear Joe.

... and I was missing these last updates...man, you´re doing a great job!...one of the best!...the wings rocks :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

For what it's worth.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/01/stuff_eng_interior_colours_us.htm

Very interesting read about the variety of interior colors.

You are very kind. Thank you.

MP the debate over interior colors is nearly as vicious at times as different shades of OD. I went with what made logical sense to me.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Wing On

A quick update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.

In short the wing is on. It took a massive six hour battle but it is on. There was some collateral damage. Of the damage some I was able to work with, the rest I cannot fix without total tear down. Not sure I want to go there at the moment.

For now.

ywWkJfD.jpg

Blu4jSf.jpg

QJGHjxe.jpg

Now I can move on. My real decision is do I place the details in the wing and risk breaking them in the rest of the process or do I move on with decals and smaller parts. Gonna have to think on that one.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Markings

An update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E. This is a happy but yet unhappy update.

First the happy. The markings are on. I have done just a little chipping so far with more subtle weathering to follow.

JZQb4PB.jpg

K7xEyKR.jpg

a3ucoxO.jpg

4HvyRKr.jpg

D6tIVTI.jpg

Next up will be an oil filter to try to tone down the bright markings. I will also be working more on the landing gear.

Now the unhappy. Ok down right disappointing pictures. Yes disappointing.

You have seen the pictures I spent around two and a half hours to get. I was so disgusted I reset the camera back to the default factory settings. I then made just enough adjustments on the fly to get what you see. Now the disgusting part. Here are two photos that were taken just a point and click with my phone. You will see in the one on the workbench just how the color is in reality. The other was immediately after taking the last of the earlier pictures.

h2xYnp4.jpg

XMGYnUX.jpg

I am most unhappy with the earlier pictures as they wash out the color a bit and lose the different tones in the paint. May have to go online to get a crash course in picture taking. I had come so far and now it is lost again.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Markings

That was my thought as well and that caused me to reset to default on all adjustments. This is with iso at 200, white balance is florescent with adjustments to get the green to show, the exposure is +3. Going to have to ponder this and play with it more.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Weathering Begun

Ok friends a post with two objectives.

First:

I have begun the weathering on the 1/32 Hasegawa P-40E. Using both a cheap set of oils and Abteilung 502 paints.

I want to give this build a finish that suggests a story of an aircraft that has seen some hard use but is still airworthy. The aircraft was based out of India and supported flights over the Burma hump.

jEHiwLU.jpg

nluOnGO.jpg

7tI71r1.jpg

EqbaH1U.jpg

HpkN7b4.jpg

i8nZkN1.jpg

miCZ4HQ.jpg

e2cUik8.jpg

Now the second objective is the quality of the pictures. I have spent quite a bit of time over the last four or five days trying to dial in a better quality picture. These are the latest in the test.

Please all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Nice streaking effects Joe but you have the perpendicular to the centerline of the aircraft suggesting the aircraft has been parked tail high. The streaking should be at an angle to the centerline.

Well crap. Thanks MP, truly. That one really just avoided me. I have done that on every bird I have weathered. Sadly for this one I had put a coat or two of flat over those before I started the other streaking. But I have filed it away. Again thank you.

Joe

Back