• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/20 Nitto Ma.K Fireball S.A.F.S. Space Type

JEEVES,

I missed th start up ... Rock On !! I too Dig these MaK kits ! ..... So there's a Secret stash of these Right here in V.A. ?? :hmmm I wonder where ... Did you get these from a Hobby Store ?

If you like th Mr. Surfacer .. check into th Mr. Dissolved Putty, same people make it, but for this type of filling I think you'll find that the Mr. Dissolved Putty would only take on application to seal up those Seams , where as th Mr. Surfacer shrinks as it dries. ... just a thought ...

I'm lookin forward to seein this Baby primed & seein what scheme you go with .... L.A.P.D. ? N.Y.P.D. .... perhaps a Fire Fighter ... with that Water hose Cannon in his left arm ? ... just My $.02(USD)

Great Job so far ....

:drinks (y)

Nope...no secret stash or LHS...just a good and generous friend!

Haven't decided on a scheme yet...it's a space suit so something suitable for interstellar travel...need to surf for ideas...

I really like this- if it wasnt for my emergency extraction a few days ago i would grab one now as all the other bills are paid! lol

I just have one issue, the solid helm. This thing screams for modification- if you could find a dome or better cast a few of the tops in clear with a vacuum former you could have something to sell. The inside of the suit around the operators head screams 'have space suit will travel' by Heinlien. I can see that enclosed in clear and embellished with a few chin levers and a couple of dials ect! Awesome possibilities with these 1/20 scale figures!

Sorry I didn't see this reply...I'll answer your questions first :)

I use Mr. Surfacer 500...more like a dark grey as you'll see in the following pics... :ro:

This one came with springs, copper rod, and a few other fiddly bits...I don't have all the springs attached yet as I am trying to decide on a scheme first...

Here is where I am now...more seam filling...miles to go before I sleep :soldier
008%7E0.jpg

007%7E0.jpg

Ran out of the Tamiya primer I was using...going to try the Vallejo gray stuff once all seams are good to go...

This is looking great! When you get those seams filled you will really be able to go.

(y)

Well-- after perusing some Ma.K forums trying to get ideas-- I decided to let my imagination take over which is always a frightening idea. The result-- a sort of cross between oak leaf camo and the new US Navy camo-- I really would have like to try the digital camo, but have no where near the patience required to mask all those rectangles ;) Go ahead and let me have it...is it workable, or do I need to start from scratch...

008%7E1.jpg

007%7E1.jpg

006%7E1.jpg

Thanks Gene and Bob!

I still have some fiddling to do with it, but I like the general idea I'm going for ;)

Pass the kettle korn Terry!

Had to take his head out to deal with the fiddly hatch cover...still need more work to get things all right...but I have been having fun with detail painting and decaling ;)

012%7E0.jpg

011%7E0.jpg

010%7E1.jpg

Well...unless I find the front hatch that I had last night and now don't, barring an attempt to fix the face, I am calling this done! Tried an oil wash on the face...just can't seem to get it right...and not sure how many more attempts I have in me ;)

The rock was sprayed with glue and I sifted some ash from my wood stove onto it to give it that moon-like dusty appearance...course his hatch is open so I guess he really isn't on the moon ;) Added some damage to his chest and cod piece with a motor tool and used Mig pigments and a silver pencil to model the newer damage...the damage above his right shoulder is older so I rusted it a bit...
002%7E8.jpg

003%7E8.jpg

004%7E5.jpg

005%7E10.jpg

006%7E6.jpg

Back