• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/20 Nitto Ma.K Fireball S.A.F.S. Space Type

Jeeves

Well...its too freaking cold up in the Sheep's Pen to take proper pics, so these on my bed will have to do...

1d852efd.jpg

c4933245.jpg

Thanks everyone...I must be messing something up as these legs assemblies have to be clamped and Tenaxed to fit perfectly...you'll see when I post the pic later...still have to work on some gaps there...

WOW its been eons since I've seen these kits and now they are coming back. Very cool stuff.
(y) (y) (y)
James

Well...not crazy about having to stop and clamp and Tenax the gaps...still have more of that to do-- but here's an update...

100_6951.JPG

Heh heh...got most of the construction done while listening to my Yanks lose...*sigh*

Well--construction is pretty much done...now its just lots o' seam sanding as Terry said ;)
009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

I'm seeing these on forums and very over priced on Evil Bay- where can you score a couple of these?

It really has nothing to to with ebay, they are limited production stuff and some of the original series stuff is fairly rare. Truth is, the best deals are found on ebay from time to time, you just have to be vigilant.

:v

Jeeves, this is looking good, I'm really envious that you have so many of these. I can't wait to get my hands on the Hornisse.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys!!

Hobbylink Japan has some good prices on these...and there are real good deals at times. My collection was the result of visiting Virginia and catching up with buddho...a good and generous man ;). I have a handful and some Mecha as well that I plan on building with my boy Luke...

:popcorn

Well, this is gonna be fun to watch ! What are you using on the seams ? Mr. Dissolver! I say that cuz... it looks kind of Beige ...

I have 2 suits in 35th... tiny little things... Maybe I should try to find some in 1/20th ? would be fun to work on something without the Magnifier once in a while... LOL

Did yours come with Multi-media stuff i.e. grills and springs or tubes ???

The engines look pretty spiffy !!!

Good luck with it ! Will be watching !

Sorry I didn't see this reply...I'll answer your questions first :)

I use Mr. Surfacer 500...more like a dark grey as you'll see in the following pics... :ro:

This one came with springs, copper rod, and a few other fiddly bits...I don't have all the springs attached yet as I am trying to decide on a scheme first...

Here is where I am now...more seam filling...miles to go before I sleep :soldier
008%7E0.jpg

007%7E0.jpg

Ran out of the Tamiya primer I was using...going to try the Vallejo gray stuff once all seams are good to go...

Back