• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eindecker IV

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've decided. I've been collecting stuff for this one for a while.

h1a0e4d3.jpg

I'll get a proper start photo when I start cutting sprue. May salvage some parts off the first one, like the elevator control horns and shaft I made out of brass.

Just ordered like $50 worth of Bob's Buckles. I've been back and forth between those and Gaspatch and I think the functionality of Bob's is better.

It's a matter of taste Paul. Gaspatch looks the part more so but I find more functionality, more options with Bob's Buckles.

I've decided. I've been collecting stuff for this one for a while.

h1a0e4d3.jpg

I'll get a proper start photo when I start cutting sprue. May salvage some parts off the first one, like the elevator control horns and shaft I made out of brass.

Just ordered like $50 worth of Bob's Buckles. I've been back and forth between those and Gaspatch and I think the functionality of Bob's is better.

Lots of kewl parts thar! :pilot

Bob it is really easy to make your own eyelets and parts for the turnbuckles. I think in one of my builds I showed the tool and the parts required. I'll look for the stuff and repost if you want. Paul the Gaspatch turnbuckles are grown metal while bobs are eyelets and thin brass rod. I have found 1/48 Gaspatch buckles are better looking on 1/32 scale a/c than the 1/32 turnbuckles.
James

50 USD? You are building a 1:1 model?

Excellent choice. My very, very first kit (I was 5...) but 1/72 of course

Cheers

Alex

No sir Doc, fully rigged, got some extra for some other WnW aircraft. Been down that road before, I did the EindeckerIII a couple of years ago.

I forgot I ordered a couple of Gaspatch Spandau 08/15 Fokker Version 1/32. Didn't realise they come in pairs. So I got two sets of Spandaus. :pilot
Well it generally takes two of anything for me to make it right. :rotf

Back