Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time for a new (air)brush and looking for ideas

Time for a new (air)brush and looking for ideas 05 Apr 2019 00:01 #1

Hello all.
So you may have noticed that I am building nowadays as many car projects as I am aircraft, which means that whilst my wee Iwata Revolution BR is still in full use and behaving impeccably, it isn't quite up to the job for spraying large areas over sustained sessions.

The .3 needle/nozzle combination is great for 1:48 & 1:32 aircraft but a little too puny for 1:24 car painting. Something a little more 'heavy duty' is needed and let's be honest the choice is fairly huge at the moment. I certainly would consider an 'entry level' brush but don't mind paying a little more for quality and reliability... so considering only .5 and upward brushes with good sized cups / reservoirs what do you guys think would be a good buy ????

Hope you can help.

Ian.
  • ij001
  • ij001
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time for a new (air)brush and looking for ideas 05 Apr 2019 09:05 #2

I have no experience with the air brushes designed for larger areas, have you watched any of the Paul Budzik videos on air brushes ? His tastes tend to run to the more expensive models but there is a lot of good info there.
  • Old Dog
  • Old Dog
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

Time for a new (air)brush and looking for ideas 05 Apr 2019 09:43 #3

I picked this one up based on Budzik's information.

www.iwata-airbrush.com/hp-th-hiline-airbrush.html

Before this, I have the HP-BC2 and AH. This one is every bit as good, except it moves a lot of paint. I wish I had it when I was doing 1/16 armor. I mostly use it for primer and base coats. It lays down a beautiful wide, wet coat.

It does take some getting used to.

I got it direct from Japan for $150 shipped in less than a week. The same brush in the US (in a fancy aluminum case) was going for nearly $500 at the time.
  • ausf
  • ausf
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
What, me worry?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds