• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

THE SMOKE SQUADRON. (ESQUADRILHA DA FUMAÇA)

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Hi all!

Now a domestic project :eek:ldguy ...

Smoke Squadron is the popular name of the "Air Demonstration Squadron" (EDA), [2] a group of pilots and mechanics from the Brazilian Air Force that perform aerobatic demonstrations around Brazil and around the world.

The origins of the Smoke Squadron date back to the early 1940s, when the Aeronautics School was founded at the Afonsos Air Base in Rio de Janeiro. The first official air demonstration of the group that would form the Smoke Squadron took place in May 1952 for a foreign entourage visiting the School. The squadron embryo was formed there, inside the School of Aeronautics.

In 1969, the Aeronautics School was renamed the Air Force Academy Aeronautics School (AFA) remaining at Afonsos Air Base until 1971, when it was moved to the city of Pirassununga, in the state of Sao Paulo. In 1982, after six years of inactivity, the Smoke Squadron was reactivated as the new name of the Air Demonstration Squadron (EDA).

Its mission, as defined by the EDA, is "to conduct air demonstrations in order to disseminate, at national and international level, the institutional image of the Brazilian Air Force (FAB)". [3] [2]

North-American T-6 Texan (1952 - 1976): North-American T-6 aircraft, manufactured under license in Brazil during World War II, had a cruising speed of 240 km / h with a range of 750 km. They carried out a total of 1225 demonstrations and were deactivated in 1976 due to the high cost of maintenance. The activities of the Squadron were interrupted until 1982, when the Neiva T-25 began operations.

I used in this project four NaT6, from Academy in the 1/72 scale...an OTB project...the pictures tell all the story, hope you like it ...it took me one month and a half to finish it...

See you soon!

Luiz.

Painting one would have been a challenge and you did four?!

Duane_WOW.gif

Is this for a public display, Luiz? It would be a good one.

Yes, John I made these planes for a friend of mine who has flown these planes in the past.
This friend of mine made a display and put these models on display at an Ex Pilots Association.

Thank you!

Luiz.

Back