• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where to find backdrops for photos?

DioRandy

Francois Verlinden used to use backdrops all the time for his book and magazine features, but I rarely see them used today. Unless, they're just mono-chromatic colors, such as sky blue. Where can we find backdrops to add dimension and reality to our varied projects?
For example, I'm looking for a winter backdrop featuring snow-covered fields that would depict a barren, Russian winter; a snow-covered forest that would resemble the Ardennes; and a Pacific-style beach to place behind a snorkel-equipped Sherman.
I'd appreciate any direction or imaginative ideas that could work.
Come on, guys and gals, I know you can do it!
Thanks,
Randy

Best place I would say is some calenders. I have a few from different places that sre pretty good. That on search on the net and find the picture you like and then print it or take it to have blown up.

Joe

Randy,
Joe hit a home run on that one... Check the dollar store for calenders
They are just a buck when new, or anyplace half way through the year
when they start dumping them cheap.
Shawn

Just expanding on the good advice that Joe has already given....

When searching online for suitable pics many of the desktop wallpaper sites are worth a look as they have nature and landscape categories and are already sized large enough for you to print out directly.
Also search for high resolution nature/landscape photos. They might be larger to download but the quality and size is there to still translate into great prints. Google images is another good source for these especially when you narrow the search down to larger size shots only.

Also something that works real well it to use posters. In most poster or "wall art" shops they have a section of landscapes. They have all kinds of posters from city scapes, mountains, forests, etc. They are usually not to expensive and are easy to use for that.

Gary B)

A good source are panorama shots you find at google image search. those are real big, but you even can have half round backdrops

Back