• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trojan, Huff n Puff ...

tausugair

Hi , , I’m relatively new here and this is my first build posting . .

CB1’s Monogram T-28B’s had been an admiration turned inspiration to post a similar kit build (with no aftermarket enhancement but all stock and scratch –built) . .

The decal-markings were self-developed and home-printed . . below are images (earlier posting in local IPMS-Phil BA forum) of “decaling-work-in progress” with the model standing atop the spare printed decals

The INSPIRATION for the decal/markings . .

http://www.airliners.net/photo/North-American-T-28D/0753165/M/&sid=d89f3c0f5d1411d1a02108ef69984451

Many thanks for viewing . . regards

Farouk

What a beaut. Really like the markings on this one also. Could you explain how you did them? A few of the guys here have been contemplating home made markings and this would surly inspire them on. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

TausugAir,

Are you Farouk? If so, WELCOME!

For everyone else, this is one of the people behind Haribon Decals.
HaribonDecals.JPG

Extra care is needed with them but they are up front about it and even give excellent tips on alternatives to some hobby supplies needed for decals. For example, if out of MicroSol (the Solvent) they mention that they have used cane vinegar. This makes sense as MicroSol has vinegar in it.

Regards,

TausugAir,

HaribonDecals.JPG

Extra care is needed with them but they are up front about it and even give excellent tips on alternatives to some hobby supplies needed for decals. For example, if out of MicroSol (the Solvent) they mention that they have used cane vinegar. This makes sense as MicroSol has vinegar in it.

Regards,

HOS Batman!!! :blink :blink :blink
Saul it's a true Modelism Encyclopedia :blink :blink :blink

Nice job TausugAir

TausugAir,

HaribonDecals.JPG

Regards,

Many thanks for the welcome . . and, for the encouragement . .

Yes, I am ONE of the two people in HARIBON Decals... It's a father and son home based small venture that caters primarily to Philippine Air Force aircraft markings...

Again, many thanks for letting me feel at home from you and the people here!!

Fasrouk

I like this- What was the T-28? A trainer?

Many thanks! . .

The t-28 was initially a trainer aircraft used by the USAF and USN . . but late in service life, it converted to attack aircraft, first in Algeria then Vietnam . . The Philippine Air Force made extensive use of the type in both attack and coin at the height of Muslim Secessionist Rebellion in early to mid 70s(in my place of southern Philippines) . . it was painted very dark,dark green (that was almost black), meagerly marked.. 'twas designated as AT-28D..

Back