• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Last Armor for 2021

Duke Maddog

Finally, I can post the last armor I finished for this year. I actually completed six new models.

I'll start with this pig of a kit; the Galaxy Hobbies M-1240 M-ATV. This beast fought me the whole time, so it's not as good as it could've been. I'm just so tired of dealing with it that I added all the last pieces; gave it a rough dusting and called it done:

full

full

full

Next up is my ACE 1/72 scale French AMX VCI personnel carrier. I'm not as thrilled with this as I hoped to be, but it looks good enough. My French Army has now taken delivery of this:

full
'

full

full

Following that are my two Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese personnel carriers. I didn't weather these with any dusting or anything; I just liked them the way they look now. They were cleaned up for a parade; that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I may do it later, but who knows?

This first one is the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC A, used by the regular army:

full

full

full

...followed by the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC B, used by the Rapid Deployment Force:

full

full

full

Essentially the main difference besides internal stuff is the -A model has the M-19 grenade launcher and the -B model has a Ma Deuce. Also, the main commander's hatch when opened has that lift up glass enclosure on both vehicles. That is why one has it and the other doesn't; I wanted to show the hatch both opened and closed.

Moving on again, I completed my ACE 1/72 scale Italian B1T Centauro. I'm not too sure what the difference is in the B1T over the B-1, but someone said one was longer for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

full

full

full

Finally, my sixth armor model for this week is my ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef. I am quite happy with this one and thrilled to have another Centurion variant in my Israeli Army:

full

full

full

And there they are, my last armor completed in 2021. Now to go post my year end review.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back