• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's First Vehicle for 2023

Duke Maddog

Thanks to a busy Hobby Day weekend, I was able to bring this over the finish line. This is the 1/72 scale Roden kit. It is a tribute to Reed West, one of my friends and fellow modelers who passed away last year. This was one model he had started but never finished. This is the second FWD 3-ton carrier I've built, so this one is a convertible:

full

full

full

It isn't as great as it would have been if he'd finished it but I'm thrilled to have brought one of his projects over the finish line and to life. It is a worthy addition to my collection.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.

That is a WWI kit, is it not. Nice job finishing it out for your passed friend. I'm sure he's looking down and saying "Ya dun good my friend".

Dave

Thank you Greg! Yeah, those WWI battlefields could be rough on a truck like this!

Thank you Tony!

Thank you Dave! I'm glad to see you stopping in! Yes, this is a WWI vehicle used to being ammunition to the artillery units at the front. Some were even employed to tow some of the lighter artillery pieces. I do hope Reed feels that way!

Thank you Paul!

Thank you Ian! Yes, it is a most interesting vehicle; the kind I like to build the most lately.

Thank you Chris! I didn't know your Hudson was also a tribute build; I must have forgotten that. You're doing a tremendously masterful job on it I must say.

Back