• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's First Aircraft of 2013

Duke Maddog

Well, it's halfway through January and I finally have a couple of models to show as finished.

These are two Tamiya models I got from a friend of mine at St. Crispin's Hobby Day.

This first one is my Tamiya 1/72 scale F-4U Corsair. Built OOB and painted with Tamiya Navy Blue from the rattle can:

US_F_4U_Corsair_I.JPG

US_F_4U_Corsair_II.JPG

That tail looks crooked in the first pic, but it's an optical illusion. You can see it's straight in the second pic; and I also checked it in person so I know it's straight. Interesting though...

This next one is the Tamiya 1/72 scale F-84 Thunderjet that I had a lot of problems with. The canopy was scratched a bit and the decals in particular shattered and broke all over. You can see where they chipped and flaked off on the tail when I tried to clearcoat this. I'm so glad this PITA is done!

US_F_84_Thunderjet_I.JPG

US_F_84_Thunderjet_II.JPG

That's all I've got done in aircraft. More are coming down the pike, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, feel free to check out my latest Big Gun on rail cars that I also finished this week.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Both look great Duke! (y) I'd call the shattered decals ''high speed paint lift'' - natural weathering!

Back