• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Two More Aircraft in April

Duke Maddog

After all that work in the hobby room and at St. Crispin's Hobby Days, I am finally able to call a few more done. These are two of the five models I just completed, the other three are in the Armor Forums.

My first finished model is this Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese OH-1 "Ninja" scout helicopter. This is an indigenous design made in Japan:

full

full

full

My next finished model is the Atlantic re-pop of the ancient AH-56 Cheyenne in 1/72 scale. I built her strictly out of the box:

full

full

full

The description of this helicopter in the history blurb on the instruction sheet says this was designed to have a 30mm cannon in the turret beneath the cockpit. She was also capable of loading all the rockets, guns and missiles that the Apache could load, as well as carry Sidewinders. Someday I hope to make one of these with all those to see what this would have looked like in service.

Until then, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thank you Terry!

Bob, I agree. Maybe somewhere there is some concept pics and/or drawings I could tap. We'll see. I still need to get one more of those Cheyennes.

Back