• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Two in April

Duke Maddog

I was hoping to get more done, but work and a cold got in the way. Given that, I was able to finish off these two ACE kits. They aren't the best, and are rather crude since they are first run ACE kits, but they are complete.

First is the ACE 1/72 scale BRDM AT-1 Snapper anti tank vehicle I built for a Group Build on another Forums. It was the "Goodbye 2020! Leaving you in the dust" Group Build. I finished it up a couple days ago:

full

full

full

This next one is the ACE 1/72 scale Opel Olympia staff car. I thought I would do it in a different scheme so I chose the captured US one. Later I noticed that I had already done a captured US one! Fortunately, the other one had the roof up; this one has it down:

full

full

full

That's all for this month. Hopefully I'll be able to bring the other models that are close to finishing across the finish line next month.

My apologies for the crude pics. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thank you Dave! The ACE kits can be difficult, relying on a lot of cleanup; especially their older kits. Anything with 'digital design' is a newer kit and much better molded. There is still some cleanup and a lot of test fitting required, but they do go together better and have much better detail. I do love ACE kits!

Thanks Chris! I do hope I can finish a lot more in May. We have our first contest coming up June first and I am hoping I have some decent models to bring!

Yeah, I know what you mean Frank. It's been a bad three months for me. I also got a new computer; my wife bought it for me (I paid half); mostly so I could play a game that was upgraded beyond my old PC's capabilities. What fun now. Still, I'm glad to see you again. Stay tuned, I have more coming, hopefully soon.

Thank you Kenny!

Back