• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Two Armor in July

Duke Maddog

The work to increase my collection continues as two more vehicles roll off the assembly line for delivery to their respective armies.

This first one is the SS Models second kit of the 1/72 scale M274 Mule, only I sourced a recoilless rifle from the spares box to make this a Marine Mule. Otherwise, everything is built as is from the box:

full

full

full

And to give you an idea of how tiny this models is, here it is posed next to a Number 11 Exacto blade:

full

And yes, there were at least 20 parts in the kit, not including the photo-etch, which has four parts attached.

The second model I finished is a kitbash of the Trumpeter 1/72 scale T26-E4 Pershing to make it a T26-E4 Super Pershing. All of the add on armor, the stowage rails on the back and the capacitors on the top of the turret were scratch built by myself. It was the only way to get this in my collection, so I bit the bullet and got it done. I've since been informed that this particular tank is supposed to have the split loader's hatch, but I'm done and it's gonna stay inaccurate. I also took a bit of artistic license and added a couple stars to it, figuring if they were taking this into combat to try it out; they'd want the stars so this would not be taken out by 'friendly fire'.

Here it is ready for delivery to my US Army:

full

full

full

I don't know where that shiny spot came from in the second pic, it sure doesn't show to the Mk I eyeball, so I'll have to go over that with some more dullcote. Easy fix.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back