• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Another Aircraft

Duke Maddog

Ladies and gentlemen, I have managed to finish yet another of the New Years Resolution models that was on my list.

This is the Hasegawa Iranian F-4E Phantom II that just got finished this past weekend. As always, it ain't no award-winning model but I'm very, very pleased with this one

I think you're gonna like this one Saul:

Iranian_F_4E_Phantom_II_a.jpg

Iranian_F_4E_Phantom_II_b.jpg

As usual, this has no weaponry on it as Hasegawa has decided not to include any in the kit. I'm guessing they want you to buy more of their Aircraft weapons sets. Once I can find some Sidewinders I'll add then to this model. Until then, she is now done.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.Ladies and gentlemen, I have managed to finish yet another of the New Years Resolution models that was on my list.

Thanks for the great replies guys.

Xavi, I hated it. It was tough enough just getting them into position and then having some lift on the paper towel when trying to press them down made it worse. Then the question of where to hold this when repositioning it for more decals. This is why it took me so long to start decaling this. I didn't want to deal with the stupid stencils.

Thanks Luiz, I used Silly Putty to mask it off.

Thanks again for the great comments. I'm slowly improving.... slowly.

Thanks Dog! I've always thought this bird was so ugly it was beautiful. I think I've completed at least nine F-4 Phantoms in various liveries overall.

That's excellent Ed. Looking forward to seeing them built.

Thanks Sharkman! I think I'll be using Silly Putty to mask off all my camouflage from now on.

That's excellent Ed. Looking forward to seeing them built.

Thanks Sharkman! I think I'll be using Silly Putty to mask off all my camouflage from now on.

I'll start up a flying brick in due time Mark (y) most of my F-4s are Navy birds ('cept fer da 1/32) Give 'em a brick & they'll make it fly!

Back