• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Best Air Museum Hobby Shop Ever Seen!

She'll make that face again.
We live in the same house, so she knows, intimately, how many model kits are on hand here.
"Baby! Lookee! The 1/72 JoHan P-40B/C Kit! They are sealed and they have 2!!"
Knowing full well I lack the ability to continue Life without another airplane model. She understands me really well.
A small smile, no arguments. As if it would do any good to argue. A little sigh of hopelessness, perhaps.

In the museum, she will look at a few exhibits. Hopefully another airplane nut's wife is about, so they can crochet and poke fun at me together.
If we're in Halifax, it is also in time for the Urban Folk Music Festival. We've sung Dear ol' Stan songs until we're thirsty, dined on delicacies from the sea and made some new friends.
Yes, my credit card is in ashes by now.

If I were ever up there the museum would surely be on my list of places to visit, along with Oak Island, I know there's no gold but I still dig the digs!

This year I have had to finally decide to NOT buy any more kits. I am sure that "something" will come along, but it has reached the point where I have to say "I don't need it". Does it mean that I won't ever buy another kit? No, but it means that instead of buying 10 or 15 through the year, I "might" buy one. My last kit was the 1/16th scale Puma from Das Werks. It is a really nice kit and had that pull. I pondered it for several weeks before doing the pre-sale. I think this is probably the last year I attend Wonderfest as well. It cost too much and I just can not justify getting any more figure kits. At this point there is only one kit that is in the early stages of being done that I will buy. Round 2 is finally doing a 1/350 scale Reliant to go with their other big star ship kits. It was announced this year at Wonderfest that they were in the initial design stages, which means a year or a little more till it hits the shelves. Other than that, I have plenty of kits and don't need any more.

CF104783 spent its entire career at Cold Lake. It was taken on strength with 6 ST/R (Strike/Reconnaisance) OTU at RCAF Station Cold Lake 01 May 62 with serial number 12783. Following unification 6 ST/R was stood down and reformed as 417 Sqn (Operational Training) at CFB Cold Lake and it was re-serialed as 104783. While with 417 Sqn it was part of the Deadeye Whiskey team in 1972, the Deadeye Zips in 1976 and the Alberta Arrows in 1977. It was struck off service in 1984 and moved to storage at CFB Mountain View. The Atlantic Museum obtained it in 1989 and it went on display in 1995

Cheers,
RichB

Wow Rich, nice info dump. So what is: Deadeye Whiskey team, Deadeye Zips and Alberta Arrows. Google gives up nothing.

They were 417 Sqn air display teams. They liked to start their display arriving show centre from behind. The crowd would be concentrating looking across the runways for them and they would arrive over the hangars making a high rate of knots as low as they were allowed.

The 1977 team.
66a6de8002a857ecd299123a_63e63616309c4eecc99c6c08_Deadeye%20Zips%2C%201977.jpeg

Cheers,
RichB

I hope they kicked the burners after passing over the crowd so they can feel what "Awesome Sauce" feels like in person.

From a good tuber,Model Airplane Maker
@sharkman Warren I think you posted something about this museum didn't you?
@jknaus and @RichB Cold Lake gets mentioned.

Yeah, that's the museum I volunteer at and where we have our local model club meetings. I just saw that video last Tuesday! Some good publicity for the museum!

Dave, who runs the gift shop, has quite the selection of kits!! It's hard to control oneself in there!

Yeah, that's the museum I volunteer at and where we have our local model club meetings. I just saw that video last Tuesday! Some good publicity for the museum!

Dave, who runs the gift shop, has quite the selection of kits!! It's hard to control oneself in there!
Video mentioned online sales, do they have a website? I know shipping for me would be nutzo.

Back