• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The 1:100 Scale Beast": Port Toulon, FR 1944/45

tjgehling

So as my first project post, I am posting the "beast" that is taking up much (and by much I mean all)of my dining room table.

Premise: The Flames of War (Table-Top War Game) group in Auburn is hosting a tournament at a future time TBD. In lieu of just slapping a few pieces of modular terrain (buildings, etc.) on a table I decided I wanted to make a 4'X6' table that people both talked about and cursed for having to play on. Naturally a bombed out port facility sounded like the winner for me. So with a few hodgepodge images I pulled from the internet, and about 12 hours worth the research, I came to the conclusion that refitting U-Boats in Toulon was done open air and perfectly fit the idea that I had in my head.

Armed with 2 Revell 1:125 scale U-99 Kits, a few HO scale rail pieces, and about 5 lbs of phone core board, I set out with delusions of grandeur. (Note: the approximate scale of miniatures used in Flames of War is 1:100)

Here are a few snap shots of "The Beast"

DSC00072.jpg

Quay Wall/Pier with U-Boats (Used as Boundary Marker for Table)
DSC00078.jpg

Overview Shot of the Rough design layout, 4 piece design so it will fit in my VW! Pier Connects to Left Table Edge
DSC00079.jpg

Starting to flesh out the buildings and getting a feel for sight lines
DSC00080.jpg

Main Cross Table Sight Line (It may look clean now...)
DSC00085.jpg

First Application of Battle Damage

More to Come, including close ups of various portions. Any Tips, Tricks, or General Feedback I am chomping at the bit for!

WDE
Travis

Looks great so far Travis...
I guess now I can truly say "I've created a Monster" :eek:hmy:
Hee hee hee... (Evil laugh)... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Seems to me you have a lot of cool stuff going on there...
I'm sure the guys down at Hobby Town USA (Auburn) will enjoy/hate
you for having to fight their way through this place... :angry: ;)
Shawn

That is the plan... I will get more updates on here as soon as I can find my camera... oh the life of a college student...

Travis , this is very , very cool man !!!

I like what you're doing here and I'm looking forward to your progress .

Back