• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ta 154 W.Nr. 320008

Old Dog

Finished this one for a group build over on Swanny's. It served with Stab III./NJG 3. It was equipped with FuG218 radar which used vertical mast antennas located above and below the wings instead of the staghorn antennas and was fitted with upturned wing tips in an attempt to improve lateral stability caused by the total lack of dihedral of the wing. It bellied in at 18:00 hours on April 30, 1945. I used this artists conception as a basis for markings and camouflage.

154a401.jpg

I have seen other variations but at this point it's all conjecture. Anyway, here she be...

154-b30.jpg

154-b31.jpg

154-b32.jpg

154-b33.jpg

154-b34.jpg

154-b35.jpg

154-b36.jpg

I took a couple of outdoor shots for those who like natural light (not Natural Lite)

154-b37.jpg

154-b38.jpg

154-b39.jpg

Your comments or critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Very nice indeed Gary! (y) :drinks It's a really beautiful airplane.

All the best!
Dusan.

Very well done GAry, very faithful to the camo scheme, that must have been a chore. Well done! (y)

Very nicely done Gary . Nice antennae arrays . It makes the airplane look more streamlined.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thats a completely new one on me !! never seen anything like it but its a good looking aircraft.
Great build and great paint , thanks for sharing (y)

Very very nice. It certainly looks different with the dipoles poking through the wings. I dont think I ever saw one with the winglets before. Quite interesting. Did a very nice job on the cam also. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I love it!! A most impressive build, OD! I've heard that this is a difficult kit to build but you sure made a beautiful work of it. The camo is outstanding.

applause.gif

Good to see you finish this one Gary, did you have the same probs as me with wing warp?

All in all I really enjoyed building that problem child!! the end result justified the hassles!!!

and I still think my lil 154 is one of my better builds!!

Cheers

Thanks much guys, Phil yes on the wing, I used a coat hanger and epoxy to straighten it out. I really enjoyed the build except for some self inflicted problems near the end. Problems like the wing warp aren't issues if you know about them in advance, it's finding out about them too late that is an issue.

Back