• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmtiger - AFV Club 1/48

noir

Hi all, I decided to enter the GB with another Sturmtiger, a 1/48 scale AFV Club one,
the kit is nice and looks less complicated than the 1/35 counterpart. Will be an OOB with the AFV Club individual track links.

Tibor

sturmtiger0.jpg

Well at the beginning I was really enthusiastic with this model, it looked like a 5min job, but it took me some time to assemble the chassis and the body. Some little gaps and fitting problems, but the rest looks easy. Will try to make the zimmerit next.
Any comments welcome
01012.jpg

Tibor

A little update, hope the rest of the build will go quicker. The zimmerit is done from tamiya epoxy smooth type, applied with the provided tool from the box.
Any comments are welcome.

010132.jpg

010172.jpg

Ok, guess the deadline is close and time to finish this one.
Some final touches on the track perhaps, but otherwise ready.
I made some shading using oil colors, also tried to get some fading with controlled dry brushing of the surfaces. Scratches are all oils as well. Some dirt and dust added using AK products and MIG pigments. Any comments are welcome, thanks for watching, hope you like the model.
Best regards
Tibor

01009-1.jpg

01008-1.jpg

01010.jpg

01007-1.jpg

01011.jpg

01012-1.jpg

Talk about coming in just under the wire!! I love the camo on this build and overall looks great.

Terry B)

Looks very good!

I think that a little more "shadowing" would enhance the details but other than that, it is perfect.

Ruben

Thanks guys. actually it is a bit darker as on the pic, the shadow color is pure van dyke brown, which is dark enough I guess.
Perhaps will add a touch of sepia in the future.
Thank again
Best regards
Tibor

Back