• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some old stuff

I'm not sure if I ever shared these old works (either here or the old TnT), if I did I sincerely apologise for taking up bandwidth :laugh:

I try to do at least one new thing (be it a technique, genre, material, etc) per build... I tried unsuccessfully to embed the galleries as slideshows, so I'll just post the one pic and a link to the full gallery...

SG/F1. Sergeant, US Army (1846-48)
Manufacturer: Seil Models
Item Number: 54004
Scale: 54mm
Sculptor: Tomas Castano
Material: White Metal
Painting Medium: Oils over enamel (Humbrol). Weathering with (Mig) pigments.
Groundwork: Fine sand over Milliput putty, finished with enamels, oil washes and pigments.
Modelling First: Making own figure base and groundwork.
Date Completed: 26 May 2006
Full gallery: Sergeant, US Army (US-Mexican War, 1846-48)

USMex_01.JPG

MkA "Whippet" WWI Medium Tank
Manufacturer: Emhar
Item Number: EM4003
Scale: 1/35
Full gallery: MkA "Whippet" WWI Medium Tank
Completed in May 2006, this was my first serious attempt at building an armoured vehicle model. There were many firsts here for me: the use of "pre-shading"; photo-etch (albeit simply pistol ports and grab-handles); spraying acrylics; and weathering. The Airwaves photo-etch set was used for minor detailing, and the model was finished using a variety of paints including Acrylicos Vallejo Model Air, Tamiya, and artist oils. Weathering was done using mist coats of the aforementioned paints and Mig pigments.

Whippet_23.JPG

I'm fairly certain I shared 2 Warhammer 40K pieces before, but if there's interest I'll repost. :)

Sadly I haven't finished much since :(

Your serious attempt is better than my last attempt.

I like them both. You need to post more photos of your builds!

Thanks Gene. Perhaps of interest to some is that I've always intended to use this Whippet is a Rand Revolt diorama, depicting South Africa's first tracked armour vehicle being used during the miners' revolt - the only time a (tracked) armoured vehicle (tank) has been used in anger within the borders of South Africa.

Very nice jobs, RR! :dude As I've already said, figures scare me: must be one of the toughest models to paint and make look real as your's! The Whippet is very well weathered: I wish my first attempt at a military vehicle will be half as good as it... :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Very nice jobs, RR! :dude As I've already said, figures scare me: must be one of the toughest models to paint and make look real as your's! The Whippet is very well weathered: I wish my first attempt at a military vehicle will be half as good as it... :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Thanks Fernao :) I agree, figures are scary to paint - they can make or break a vehicle presentation or diorama.

Back