• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RQ-7B

jknaus

Administrator
I thought I had a thread but I guess not. Almost finished painting this little bird and getting ready for decals. I just need some fine detail work. Added an arrestor hook from .3mm brass rod and a pitot tube of .4mm tubing as well as a small antenna. I wouldnt mind doing another of these but upgraded to todays standards and maybe an Aussie bird.
Vallejo paints. I primed the hook with fire engine red but will be painting it with a brighter red. Also primed the lenses on the FLIR with FER but will redo with a clear red. I hope it will give the effect I want. And it will wear shark mouth markings.
Almost done.
James
DSC08457.JPG
DSC08458.JPG
DSC08459.JPG
DSC08460.JPG

I remember you posting this also James, at least I think you did. Was it before the migration?

Anyway, glad you're making progress :pilot

I remember you posting this also James, at least I think you did. Was it before the migration?

Anyway, glad you're making progress :pilot
Maybe in one of my other threads. I have had 4 or 5 builds going on and have finished 1, almost finished 2 more, and in between a couple more. Actually building which is awesome :)
James

Thanks guys. The cam looks really weird though. Just a few more decals and paint and overcoat and she's done.
James

Okay just needs a dull coat and a tiny bit of weathering. Lost one decal and misplaced 2 but will live with it. Calling it done except for the aforementioned.
full

full

full

full

full

Comments and critiques welcome.
James

I didn't realize how small that is, the real one I mean. Nice job James! Don't mention the decals and no one will notice. (y)

Back