• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Reference..... The Spanish Galleon

mikec

Greedings Guys, and Gals;

Spanish Galleon 1530 - 1690
Angus Konstam & Tony Bryan
New Vanguard # 96
Osprey Publishing Ltd. 2003

Enjoy,
Mike

Are you building one of these? I read that the Galleons were made to dock way outside of the main ports because of the smell of the crew and cargo, would love to see one of these as a plank on frame kit.

Thats interesting. The San Filipe has a field piece rather than a standard ship gun. Very cool stuff. Will you be building one of these?
James

Are you building one of these? I read that the Galleons were made to dock way outside of the main ports because of the smell of the crew and cargo, would love to see one of these as a plank on frame kit.

Greetings kryptosdaddy;

I have on the back burner the San Juan Nepomuceno. She is
made of wood, not styrene. She is a 74 gun Spanish Ship
of the line.

.... Some day..... I hope to finish her. I have several other
Ships of the line.... Like the HMS Victory.

So many models to build......... and so little time... :gogo

Mike

Take Care,
Mike

About a decade ago i looked into building one of these- something small like the Bluenose II! lol!- a friend (who ironically just did the little Ral Partha style figures, and he had litterally thousands! )gave me a book, Historic ship models and after reading this and seeing one in progress decided there was NO way i would have the space to spread one of these out and build it right! It was like a job site in that guys garage!
I would love to see some pics of the keel laid out for one of yours. I still look at my old model expo catalog and drool...

The Spanish Galleon

Greetings All;

Spanish Galleon 1530 - 1690
Angus Konstam & Tony Bryan
New Vanguard # 96
Osprey Publishing Ltd. 2003

Have a good one,
Mike

Back