• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PTO diorama inspired by the Pacific.

N

Nick

hello everyone, after whatching the pacfic on sky i set out planing my ownn 'pacfic' the idea is...

a small band of marines and a sherman are making there way to the rear area for some reast, however unkwon to them the jap's have recoupied an old MG bunker, however the gun has jamed and they now lunch a 'banzi' charge against the tired and wounded marines.

The sherman so far...
121_20100718_1382689544.jpg
[/img]

090_20100718_1682444692.jpg
[/img]

121_20100718_1382689544.jpg

Many thanks for looking and i hope you enjoy the pic's

but please be gentle...this is my first sherman.

Nick

Hi Randy it's the academy PTO sherman in 1:35 scale sorry i should of said :pinch: there are some picturers in my gallery but i didn't have time to upload them all onto the thread, i'll put some more up here a min. :laugh:

Nick,
Semper-Fi... Should be a good one to watch.
What Japanese figures are you planning to use? :hmmm
Master-Box or DML??? :idonno
Shawn

Hi shawn i'll be using the masterbox 'bloody atoll' sets i didn't know dragon did any japanese sets? :S

Nick.

Hi shawn i'll be using the masterbox 'bloody atoll' sets i didn't know dragon did any japanese sets? :S

Nick.

Nick wrote:

Nick.

Nick,
Warrior has a really nice set too, but it's a bit pricey.
WA35549 (check squadron.com) Warrior has some USMC Guys too.
Later
Shawn

[IMG]Hello everyone, firstly sorry for the extremly late reply but as you will see i've been very busy trying to get this ready for euromillitare (there's still the base and figures to do :blink: ) i haven't had time to take photo's of every step but if you have any questions then please ask and let me know what you think :laugh:

[img][IMG]http://tanksandthings.com/images/stories/img_pictures/nick_430/012_5_20100827_1604710533.jpg[/img]

011_4_20100827_1434731124.jpg
[/img]

010_3_20100827_1575678652.jpg
[/img]

009_2_20100827_1837860387.jpg
[/img]

008_1_20100827_1038002575.jpg
[/img]

I also wanted to include a small section of tunnel and a pillbox with a machine gun. please elt me know what you think.

017_3_20100827_1202027691.jpg
[/img]

016_2_20100827_1342134082.jpg
[/img]

015_1_20100827_1785633453.jpg
[/img]

i hope you like them and that this works :blush: :S

Hi there Nick.

I see 7 images in your last post but it looks like there should have been more. Did you post more than those 7 images but some didn't show up in the post?

Stretcher. Are the red stains on the stretcher straps supposed to be blood stains? If so I think they should be more brown than red as dried blood is not red.

The dugout. beside the openings the short bamboo logs are not supported by any visible means. I'd place vertical pieces to have those loose ends fastened to.

Other than those two things I think this scene has great promise.
Cheers from Peter

i'm not realy sure whats happend to the pictures? i'll have a look when i get home. as for the strecher there will be a wounded marine on it, the story is that the sherman and a small group wounded marines are making there way back from the front line to rest and re-arm, on thier way back they were ambushed by a japenese MG nest. thats the story what do you think?

good point about the shorter bamboo, i'll add some more suports to the wall when i get home.

many thanks nick.

Nice job so far. Great story, good components. Are you going to seal the gaps in the pillbox with any 'mud'? Some of the gaps look a bit big (workable).

Oh nice work Nick , Hmmmm you should have entered the USMC group build , maybe you should ask nicely , one of the moderators for the group build if they will let it be eligible ? ;)

The least they will do is say no :) .

I am looking forward to seeing the figure choices you have come up with .

The Pacific was a great series .

Jenny :kiss:

Thank you jenny that means alot, i didn't know there was oen? i'll have a look when i get home,for the figures i choose the masterbox 'bloodly atoll' sets hand to hand combat, and japenese figures and the dragon premium set us marines iwo jima 1943.

i'll also get some pictures of my conversion/scratch built wounded marine for the strecher.

Many thanks Nick.

Back