• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PART 1 INTRO (Build 1) U9 - WW1 UBOAT [DAS WERK - 72001 1/72] UPDATE 20th Nov 2022

Das Werk Uboat.jpg

This new release will be build 1 from my list, as it stands at this time. This is the new release kit from Das Werk and the first time a WW1 UBoat has been done in this scale. The first edition release also has a nice surprise (only available with this edition), an additional softcover book being included with the history of the sub and information on the model creation.
I have also purchased a few extras -

1. RC SUBS PE set
  2. DAS WERK Saddle Tank painting stencils
  3. WW1 U-Boat Badge (repro)
  4. Custom wooden base with gloss black perspex top sheet (currently covered with a protective cover layer).
boxweb.jpg

I have rearranged my workspace again over the last week, moving my computer hardware and artworks into a new office area in the next room.

deskweb.jpg

This now enables me to utilise my long bench space that I built 4 years back specifically for large builds.......

Last edited:
While working on the U-505 base, I also completed my artwork for the base of my U9 WW1 sub, which will be on a stand.
I will be mounting it on a piece of black perspex attached to a wooden base just like my Type 7c early I built back in 2005(image below). I will have my artwork base printed on to the perspex but the badge will be a replica just like on the 7C, not an image as above.
U9 uboat base completedwbadge.jpg

Here is the badge and the base as shown earlier in this build.
DSC02665web.jpgbase.jpg
....and this is my earlier sub with the same base.
12417914_946323858736422_4918486109098682819_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ian at the header of this thread you show a photo of your work bench. On its a box "3D printing pen". I don't recall us talking about that tool. Have you tried it? I googled it, seems like a neat idea.

Ian at the header of this thread you show a photo of your work bench. On its a box "3D printing pen". I don't recall us talking about that tool. Have you tried it? I googled it, seems like a neat idea.
I will be using this new 3D printing pen to help join and seal each section with PLA filament.
web 3dpen.jpg
Hey MP, I mentioned this very briefly in my Type XXI build - the 3d printed sub. I have quoted it above. I haven't tried it yet.

Back