• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panther front armor question

The Zod

Does anyone know what the angle of the front hull armor on the Panther is? I want to see how well the angle stacks up to the M10 tank destroyer angle. After chatting with Bruce Culver(sqaudron signal armor books),I am in the mood for a bunch of hypothetical Sherman builds.

HI there General :) .

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing, the Panther's 55 degrees is from the horizontal. Is the M-10 measurment from the horizontal, or the vertical? Because to me, 38 degrees from the horizontal is a pretty sharp nosed little beastie :woohoo: .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
HI there General :) .

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing, the Panther's 55 degrees is from the horizontal. Is the M-10 measurment from the horizontal, or the vertical? Because to me, 38 degrees from the horizontal is a pretty sharp nosed little beastie :woohoo: .

Gary B)

Good question Gary. I took a protractor,and measured the front armor from the driver side.If horizontal means _________ It is 38 degrees on the M10 frontal armor From vertical(straight up and down?) it looks like 50 degrees.

The large hatch Sherman were 47 degrees from the horizontal.The M10 armor isn't as high up. I thought the less of a degree,the armor acted thicker?

Don't mind me.I get confused easy.

Back