• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Northeast Blizzard or...

Snowed in, snow-thrower quite (started up later so I guess it just needed a break), made it to the vet.
:(

Not in the mood for modeling.

Regards,

Plowed the driveway with the ole' John Deere... went to pull it into the barn and the left side of the plow sheared off its frame...need to take it all apart into as small a piece as I can to bring it to the welder...hopefully it can be welded... not time to model yet :(

Started plowing yesterday at about 4:00 PM, came home to take a nap during a lull at about 2:00 AM, alarm rang at 3:00 AM, looked out the window and the wind had apparently picked back up, went back out again and plowed until about 10:00 AM and had some crappy McDonalds. Went back to all the accounts just to check the drifts and sand all the lots, just got home about an hour ago.

Time for bed, see you all in a day or so...

:peace

Ah, this was work for you~ then the snow is good! Pay off some debts.
;)

Yes, I always try to see the brighter side of things...

Regards,

Everything was sore after I hand shoveled almost 30" off our humble 50x100 property,so I was not up to the work bench today.I am off the whole week,so I will get back to it later.

Two , three feet of snow , but ten foot drifts in places , ...... a drift covered both my wheels in the driveway , ........ a luckier guy picked me up to go plow out the schools , ......... got up yesterday at 3am , ........... got home last night at 8 ,.............. it's 5:30am now and I'm back off to plow out the schools , .............

THIS SUCKS .............. but I am making some overtime from the designated holiday yesterday , .......... and I'm sure I'll be at it for more than 8 hrs today , which means more overtime , ...........

In the long run this July I can look back on all of this and say , .......... THAT SUCKED .............

Ok , .......... that's enough snow for today , ............... so much for the ten days off I had to model , ............ this is just one of six schools that need to be un-snowed , ............ they may not be able to reopen on Jan. 3 rd , ..........

Got to work and snapped these , .........

That snow on the roof was a drift that came off the front of the school at a 30 degree run out to the road , ....... what you see here is what's left from working all day Monday .............

Picture1523.jpg

Picture1524.jpg

Picture1525.jpg

Picture1527.jpg

Picture1528.jpg

Picture1529.jpg

Picture1530.jpg

Picture1531.jpg

Picture1532.jpg

But with all the bs , ............. I did get to watch this , ................ a few miles beyond that tree line is the Atlantic ocean and Barnegat Bay ...........

Picture1533.jpg

That is beautiful! Looks better through the double paned windows with Hot Mocha in your hands.

Regards,

Hmmm, Mocha...

I remember well having to leave out the second floor window to go to the chow hall at GFAFB. Thankfully CE dug out the chow hall first.

Yes Saul this is a paycheck for me, so it isn't all bad right now. In fact I truly enjoy being out all hours of the night, alone in the cab with the radio, a thermos of coffee and a cooler full of snacks.

Of course ask me again in another six weeks or so (depending on the winter we get) and I may have a different opinion. :lol:

We only got around 16" here but due to the blizzard conditions (horizontal snow on sustained wind of 35 MPH or greater for a long period of time) the snow would pile back up where you already plowed and at times I had to stop completely in the middle of the road as I couldn't even see the plow rig. If you look at the telephone poles in the pictures, you'll see the Western side is clean and bare, while the Eastern side of the pole is covered in about three inches of stuck snow, a testament to the wind.

TWO.jpg

FIVE.jpg

THREE.jpg

FOUR.jpg

ONE.jpg

*Sorry for using photobucket Bob but I couldn't figure that new gallery out...

:blush:

Nice Ken , .......... looks like here only there ........ sweet sunrise !!!

It sure makes the woods purty before the meltdown , .............. is that a Meyers split nose , ...... can't read the logo on the blade , .......... we've got Meyers plows , ......... the hydraulics [ sp ? ] suck ..........

Try and tuck some cash away for F-Berg , I'm going to try and stash some of these blizzard bucks also , well after I pay some overdues , ........ hang tough man , .......... hopefully it'll snow like Columbia and you can bang the snow like a screen door in a hurricane ............

KEN,

Cool Pix ! I thought your Truck might have that Camo scheme that you put on the GMC Marine Halftrack ! Now ... That would look Cool !

ERIK

Ya'll are funny. :D

Glenn, it's a Boss.

boss-heavy-duty-plows.jpg

I like it, some guys say the Hydraulics are slow (blade doesn't slam to the ground when you drop it but just kinda bumps it aggressively) but I don't see the need to rattle everything apart every time you lower it anyway...

I guess it makes them feel manly?

I can do magical things with that plow, lol... things I could never do with a rigid straight blade.

B)

Looks beautiful with all the snow and all. But a real pain when it all gets dumped in 1 sitting.
James

Back