• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New “marbling tape”

Gator

Hey guys. Passing on some information about a new masking tape offered at Hobbyist Haven. It’s called Marbling Masking Tape.

I have seen it offered for the last couple of weeks and knew I had seen that kind of tape before. I texted the photo to my wife and asked where have we seen this before. She said that it is surgical paper tape. So, if you want to try this tape out, now you know what to look for. Renee is bringing me a couple of rolls home from the hospital today.

What makes this different,what are the benefits,
The tape has an open weave property designed for breathability in the medical field but, for us model painters, it gives a random vein look after coating a base color.

Here are the instructions from AliExpress, where you can buy the surgical paper tape much cheaper:

Product Description:

1. If you need clear stripes, please stick the marble cover tape tightly on the part.

2. If you need blur stripes, please stick the marble cover tape loosely on the parts.

3. If the hiding power is not enough, you can wait for the coat of paint dry and then thinly spray the second and third coats.

Back