• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Mistress. Look at what I drug home last week!

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
This has nothing to do with modeling. Title made you look huh.

Other than work trying to kill me with hours. Not complaining can aways use money if they are going to throw it at me. This girl has been my main project.

I finaly drug her home. I call her my mistress and what a dark beauty she is :) My first car. Pulled her out of the dirt when I was 14. Fixed her up and drove her for 3 years. I took the car apart because I wanted to go faster at the drags. (local law enforcement was relieved) Dad said I could use his old Roadster body (was his Hot Rod in the early 60's). That the time got caught up with everying thing else and the project was pushed back for a year then another year. So on and so on. I have been wanting to build a car with my step son for a while now and he had picked an old truck cab I had. Then three weeks ago he said he did not really want to build a car. So since the Hot Rod fire is burning, I said that's it. I am rebuilding my Sedan. Yeah it is proof I suffer from Dain Bramage. Now drug her home after sitting outside for 20+ years. Just had to share. I've been like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Enough talk PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First step was to bring home the chassis from my Grandparents place.
036%7E1.jpg

046%7E1.jpg

That job done. Time to bring the Sedan body home from my parents back yard.
IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

Now in her new home, a garage built for her :v
050%7E1.jpg

053%7E1.jpg

Whats really cool now is both kids the boy and little girl are really into helping getting her back on the road.

Next up reassembly. Then a chop top (y)

Okay now that is too cool. And even better, the kids wanting to join in. Looking forward to more. :D

James

And I was about to send our West Kansas posse out looking for you..well you are our West Kansas posse, no wonder we haven't seen ya in a while.

Glad to hear from you Jeff, and keep us posted with your hotrod build, Maybe you can enter it in our Hotrod Campaign as a 1:1 scale entry.

This one got by me, what an awesome set of iron! Looks like it's going to be a fun project! (y)

Jeff , ............ Miller time !!!!

This is just too cool , my son wants me to let him know about all the updates , ........... he has a new hero , ............ you !!!

Back