• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My last bust

grunt26

Hey everyone,
Here's a bust I did not too awful long ago...took Gold at AMPS this year with it.

IMG_0626-1.jpg

IMG_0627-1.jpg

IMG_0628-1.jpg

IMG_0629-1.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631-1.jpg

Thanks,
Rod

Hi there.

That is truly awesome. It looks like something that you'd find in a museum or art gallery.

Exceptionally well done!

What scale is it?

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
Hi there.

That is truly awesome. It looks like something that you'd find in a museum or art gallery.

Exceptionally well done!

What scale is it?

Cheers from Peter

Thanks, Peter! It's a 1/10 resin bust from Young Miniatures. I'd never done a Young bust before, and it was a lot pricier than I was used to, but the quality of the casting was amazing. I painted him in Vallejo acrylics, and finished the face in oils over an acrylic basecoat.
Thanks again,
Rod

Hi Mate

Great Bust yea those Young Mins are first class sculpts, you did a great job in fact i like the fresh face , i think i will have to get into the bigger busts dont tell the wife lol i mean the eyes are getting bad lol ,great work .
Cheers Chris :)

chris808 wrote:
Hi Mate

Great Bust yea those Young Mins are first class sculpts, you did a great job in fact i like the fresh face , i think i will have to get into the bigger busts dont tell the wife lol i mean the eyes are getting bad lol ,great work .
Cheers Chris :)

Thanks, Chris! I appreciate it! And don't worry, I won't say a word to the wife!

Cheers,
Rod

johnbowery wrote:
Rod,
Nicely done and congratulations on your award.
Cheers
John

Thanks, John! It was the 1st AMPS I'd ever attanded, and never expected to win anything!
Much appreciated!
Rod

Hi!!!

Great great work, but I think that you might have insisted with the lights and the shades. needs a bit of contrast especially in the face

Congratultions for your award!!!!!

Best regards

Jorge

Back