• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mad City Modelers IPMS Model Show 2021

Anyway, since I do go on, The rest of the story is:
Don had called me for a sit-rep and to make model requests. He wanted a Tamiya 1/35 Krupp Protze with 37mm PAK gun kit, and Wehrmacht '46 1/35 Armor kits. The desired Protze model kit was in the raffle and given Teresa's luck I thought she surely would win it for our Don. She had won the non-A/T Protze truck version already.

Somebody else won Don's desired Tamiya kit. I asked the Guy if he would trade. It was Gary McDonald from West Virginia. He's such a cool guy that he just gave me the kit Don wished for. He wouldn't trade and didn't want any $$ for it, even after Teresa won so many other cool model prizes. It vexes me when I cain't return generosity in a Man.
I went outside to ruin some air and consider my personal dilemma. I remembered I had packed up 2 TLAR Models Cap-Holder-O-Matic sets the night before. I intended to donate them to the Mad City raffle, but forgot.

AHA! A solution!

I found Gary and Jimmy sitting at a table and bestowed the Cap Holders upon these two long-traveling model maniacs. Jimmy opened his up and began smirking at the instructions. Gary looked his over and said "Hmm. TLAR or however it is pronounced. I bought a couple of kits from them. They're really nice!"
"Hmm. Which kits did you buy?"
"The Bigger Boat 1/350 Orca models. I bought 2. They came with a Nemo. I thought it was hilarious they came with the Shark and Nemo! Do you know who makes them?"
"I just might. It's me."
"You?"
"Yup! I'm the C.E.O! I thought it would be funny if a clownfish came with the 1/350 Orca kit, but you're one of few customers I have ever met. No one else has commented either way. I didn't think it was that well received."
"No, it's great! I plan to pose your Orca with the Mobius Shark from their Shark Cage kit as soon as I can get 3 figures for the boat."

Can you imagine?! That huge model Great White with a 1/350 Orca! It isn't often I meet one of my customers, let alone get glowing input about one of my looney model ideas!

I was doubly blessed to meet Gary McDonald and his buddy Jimmy from West Virginia in Madison! Jimmy told a cool Chuck Yeager story too.

Say hello and the World shrinks!

And now you know the rest of the story! Chris Rhiner. Good Day!

It's fun to see some of the more experienced Men in our hobby too. Bob Steinbrunn most affable and approachable! He was unpacking his 1/350 USS Kidd when I asked him how he was doing. "Better since you got here!" was his cheery response. Not all of my model heroes are as hospitable as Mr. Bob. :notworthy
Something about being named "Bob", perhaps?

Back