• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A1 Half Track

Hi friends,

this is my next small vehicle.
1/72 Academy
OOB with rezin bags
Painting with vallejo acrylic collors

100_3558.jpg

100_3557.jpg

100_3556.jpg

100_3555.jpg

100_3552.jpg

All comments and critique are welcome.

Cheers.
Pavel

1/72! :blink

Holy smoke that must be tiny. Lots to look at as far as stowage and other details as well. Excellent job on such a small kit, congrats!

(y)

*Just one thing though, it looks like an M3A1. The M4A1 was a mortar carrier and also didn't have to pulpit mounted MG.

:peace

Ken: thanks, but I thing M3 is scout car(only wheels) this is maybe M4(i dont know, US vehicles I build only a few pieces of year 2-3 models):blush:
moon puppy:thank you :)

Pavel Zabák wrote:
Ken: thanks, but I thing M3 is scout car(only wheels) this is maybe M4(i dont know, US vehicles I build only a few pieces of year 2-3 models):blush:

Pavel, welcome to the wonderful world of US vehicle/equipment/weapons names. :D

You are right that there is an M3/M3A1 scout car but there is also:

The M3 sub machine gun, the M3 trench knife, the M3 'Stuart' light tank, the M3 'Lee' medium tank, the M3 scout car, and the M3 half track and... (ad infinitum)

(y)

This is the interior of an M4 half track:

HTH

M4-81mmMortor.jpg

Paval, M3 could have been many things in the U.S. Army nomenclature. Something that has always confused the hell out of me.

You can have an M3 scout car and a M3 Halftrack. Ken is right on this, what you have is a M3A1 Halftrack. M# Halftrack with the .50cal HMG Mount. M3 could be anything from a Tank, Machine Gun, Halftrack and the scout car.

M4A1 is actually a variant of the M16/AR15 rifle. that's not to be confused with the M16 MGMC...it never ends....

Back