• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3A1 WHITE SCOUT CAR(EARLY)

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok here is my second entry. This one will be a little more envolved than the "BEEP". The Hobby Boss scout car is the first new kit of this subject in many years and it looks good. Having said that there are still some things that need doing to make it up to par. First and the most glaring problem in the type of wheels used. This is supposed to be an early version and the box shows a pre-war scout car with the later armored rims and uni-directional tires. "WRONG"!!! I intend to replace the wheels with some early M2/M3 half track wheels produced by TRAKZ that will at least get closer to the real thing. The next thing which is less of a problem is that HB mounts a radio mast, but provides no radio equipment for the car. Here are my start up pictures. Stay tuned and we will see how this turns out.

Terry B)

DSC07578.JPG

DSC07576.JPG

DSC07575.JPG

DSC07577.JPG

B)

Looking forward to the Scout project Terry. :popcorn
This kit is on my list B)

All the best!
Dusan.

Back