• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Louisiana Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries Warning

Gator

The Louisiana Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators while in the coastal parishes.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as "little bells" on their clothing to alert, but not startle the alligators, unexpectedly.

They also advise the carrying of "pepper spray" in case of an encounter with an alligator. It's also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity and be able to recognize the difference between young alligator and adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are small, contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers.
Adult alligators droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper.

Thanks, Gator, I needed a laugh

When I lived in Florida, I had a young alligator who loved to sun himself on the aerator in the middle of the pond in my backyard. I could never catch him coming or going, but he was there everyday. The groundskeeper said he came out of the lake in front of my apartment complex and followed a fence that ran between the lake and the pond.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Back