• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Just a thought

Leopard2

I don't know if this is at all possible or if there is even any interest but what about a contest and event calendar? Like a rolling 12 month calendar where members can have contest dates, beginning and end dates of GB's and maybe even their birthdays added if they want.

Joe

Actually, we've been working on that Joe. We've tested a couple of them so far and they just don't suit our needs at this time. Just haven't found a good solution that integrates with our systems here. I need it myself so I know what the hell I'm doing with the Group Builds.

We're still looking and you just volunteered to help test the next one!

Thanks for speaking up...:mpup

I should have remembered from 12 years in the Air Force not to speak up....lol. But no problem I help if if I can.

Joe

I learned it in the 4 years I was in, yet still fail to keep my mouth shut from time to time. We'll let you give the next one a test spin. What I would like to see is you guys, all the users having a calender on your user profile where you can upload personal and public calender events and join group builds like reservations and stuff.

I think we'll bump this up on priority also, again because I'm having a hard time keeping track of what GBs I'm doing what for.

Sounds good to me. May I make another suggestion. Have something similar to the GB schedule thats on the homepage for contests. Most contests dates are known up to a year in advance and that would give ppl an opportunity to schedule going to a contest they haven't been before.

MP,

it just comes to my mind. Why don't you contact Viper_MP. He is webmaster for our club and he has quite some knowledge about websites and applications. Maybe he can help you in finding something suitable.

Joe

OK Joe, If you look out at the Main site on the menu down the side you'll see a calender menu. take a look in there. I setup a couple of the group builds already. Not sure if you can, as a user, submit events just yet. This is pretty much out of the box with that software. Let me know what you think.

We'll welcome anyone's feedback on this. There is a registration part but it's by subscription only, I'm willing to pay for that but I have some questions about that before we spend money on something.

Y'all let me know what you think about this here calender...

Ok, I did some thinking (I know I shouldn't do that, makes my head hurt) about the event calendar. I am not going to elaborate just throwing my thoughts out here:

1. If there are more than 3 events, the additional ones seem to get lost.
2. What about events like contests, b-days and such?
3. I understand that it cost some Mula to be able to add your own stuff so how much would it be?
4. Or would we need an event admin?
5. Since this is still somewhat of a Beta Trial, Bob can you add some fictious dates throughout the year like contests or b-days so we can see how that would look like?

Thats my 2 and a half cent for now.

Joe

1. Depends on what view you're using, if you looking at it on a weekly basis it opens up some.
2. Sure, if you enter them. I don't see any bridge linking our user profile to the calender right now.
3. Trying to find that out, it's a subscription and i"m not clear if it's a time bomb software thing or just support dropping after the subscription expires.
4. You have an Event Admin....:mpup
5. if you can't add, let me see what i need to do to open it up some. I've added some GB, will do the shows when I can.

Gent's we now own software. I'll be plugging in more stuff later. this evening, I'm heading to the shop to bend some brass.

OK Joe, slowly adding stuff to the calender. First thing I got in there was the simple registration.
attend1.jpg

attend2.jpg

you can see when you look at the event detail you have the option to attend or not.

http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads
here's the website, I signed us up on the Silver plan. see if there's anything that catches your eye and i'll let you know if we can make use of it.

Back