• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat wheels

Paulw

I need a set of resin Hellcat wheels or Corsair wheels in 32. I have checked around and Squadron nor sprue have any. Would some one please direct me to the correct place? :idonno

Paul the only ones I could find who make 1/32 Hellcat/Corsair wheels was Contact Resine. But no one seems to stock it (LHS or Ebay). Tried to look them up but they seem to be out of business again. I think I read of someone using P-47 wheels, but I have not been able to check that out at all. I dont think its right, but I have been wrong countless times before. Really not sure where you could look after this. Sorry.
James

Obscureco also makes 1/32nd scale Hellcat/Corsair wheels:

Yet, they are not listed on the web site. Early (shown above) was 32002.

True Details 1/32 TD32004 F4U Corsair/F6F Hellcat Wheel Set is not good as they make the bulges look like flat wheels. Remember that these are aircraft carrier birds with higher air pressure in the tires.

I never heard of Heritage Aviation Models but they have a set for Hellcat and another for Corsair...
f4-corsair-wheel-set-32-p[ekm]300x225[ekm].jpg

f6f-hellcat-wheel-set-31-p[ekm]300x225[ekm].jpg

Do you see a difference? You shouldn't as both aircraft used the same wheels. The web site, Kits for Cash, seems to be theirs. Looking around, there are some nice items but I can't vouch for them.

Contact Resine is out of stock. Our own Jerry Rutman had some wheels too. Not sure where the molds went.

Regards,

Back