• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Handy Andy`s amazing Modelers tip

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
When faced with a block tube of Black Andrea paint the sensible way to unblock the offending nozzle is to stick a sharp implement like a needle down the nozzle to unblock aforementioned blockage (y)

and NOT, I say NOT ,...

Give it that little extra squeeze to see if it unblocks itself :(

2 hours it took me to clean black paint from

Myself
The Table
The Floor
White chest freezer
The Wall
Wall Cabinet
Door

And finally mucho repairs on my Sdkfz7/1 that looked like a grey zebra

This handy tip has been brought to you by Glass cleaner and 3 Rolls of Kitchen paper

:angry:

Karma forbids me from :laugh:
But I cant help :D

James

PS I feel for you man. Really I do.

I wish I was a fly on the wall for that one , .......... may even have learned some proper English cuss words and phrases .......... :laugh:

Actually it's not really funny or right to laugh at others misfortunes .............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZsp8SvJj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYM-jJy6jJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM7Wj7FVIoY

Glen you would have learnt a LOT of English cussing and jesturing :D

Actually its very funny to laugh at other peoples misfortunes !! :evil:

And finally mucho repairs on my Sdkfz7/1 that looked like a grey zebra

This handy tip has been brought to you by Glass cleaner and 3 Rolls of Kitchen paper

:angry:

I thought you wanted to paint horses ....but zebras?:D

Hope you can save your model,mate.:eek:hmy:

Greetings,Ron.

See, this is why you need a detached garage like I do, stuff like that happens down there all the time, clean up???? yeah, Right! :mpup

Ba-WAH-Hahahaha ! :cheer: :laugh: :silly: :woohoo: :D :pp

I laugh because that almost happened to Me with a bottle of Vallejo this afternoon. I was able to catch it before the nozzle blew off ! Then ... I soaked th end ( th dropper part) in Hot, Hot water for a few minutes & cleaned it out with a brass rod .

Gawd ! I would have given anything to have been a Fly on th wall with MOONIE !!

Now .... How do you get Code Red Mountain Dew out from My keyboard ? OMG .. I almost choked to death.

That's a Classic ANDY !! :D :D :D

I laugh because that almost happened to Me with a bottle of Vallejo this afternoon. I was able to catch it before the nozzle blew off ! Then ... I soaked th end ( th dropper part) in Hot, Hot water for a few minutes & cleaned it out with a brass rod .

Oh goody, now why didnt you write this yesterday :idonno

I would have spent two hours doing some enjoyable work instead of scrubbing :angry:

Yeah but Pups it was a whole bottle and lots of splash I had to clean it up otherwise

"she, who is to be obeyed, would have copped the right hump" as we say in London :D

6a00d834515b2069e201310ffcafd1970c-500wi.jpg

:D

Well Andy, now why did you do that for?:gogo At least it wasn't CA glue as I did several years ago.Which targeted my eye and me ending up in the ER for glued shut eye lid.

Joe

That reminds me of a time when I was working at home, freelancing- after about 6 straight weeks without a break I finally got a day off. Of course, I had to do some chores, but getting out and going to the grocery store was just fine after all that country isolation. I carried the bags into the kitchen and swung one up to the table. Time shifted into slo-mo as the paper gave way and the gallon jug of El Cheapo Red Vino took off on an elegant parabolic arc. The impact on the brick floor was nothing short of spectacular, with wine and tiny shards of glass spreading in a perfect storm of kitchen coverage. That was that for the rest of the afternoon, as I had to clean wine and glass from very surface in the kitchen (yes, the ceiling, the adjoining dining room, family room and the neighbor's place 200 yards up the street! :gogo

Back