• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Group Build Schedule, thanks....

I think it is useful in that it tells me what I've missed.... what I should be working on... and what I need to try and plan for...

med3d-ennuye.gif

I know it is a few months off...but could someone tell me more about the quarter scale build starting in April...or point to to it's topic? Many thanks in advance!

I know it is a few months off...but could someone tell me more about the quarter scale build starting in April...or point to to it's topic? Many thanks in advance!

You have one month to build a model kit, of any subject, in any scale, 1:72 or smaller. Simple, just an excuse for a fast, fun build.

Here is the link to last years GB (known as Braille Scale Bonanza II) completed entry summary.

I've already got my kit ready to go - A HobbyBoss BR-52 locomotive in 1:72.

Understood...but isn't quarter scale usually 1/48 scale? Just trying to understand is all...

It is, John we bumped it up to quarterscale also. That could include some pretty good size aircraft or nice armor.

Understood...but isn't quarter scale usually 1/48 scale? Just trying to understand is all...

duh.gif

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't check first and assumed it was the same as last years BSB.

Just to confirm -

The "Quarterscale or smaller madness!" Group build covers the following scales - 1/48, 1/72, 1/76, 1/87 or 1/144. You can choose from any subject and any era. And you have one month (April 2011) in which to build it.

Hmmm.. wonders why we haven't included 1/350 or 1/700 for the naval fans?
med3d-ennuye.gif

So would it be a smaller scale or larger? The denominator is higher but the fraction is smaller...never should have cheated through math class....

Anything smaller than 1:48 is cool!

So would it be a smaller scale or larger? The denominator is higher but the fraction is smaller...never should have cheated through math class....

Anything smaller than 1:48 is cool!

The bigger the number on the bottom the smaller the scale is. Example 1/350 means 1 inch equals 350 inches. So techincally ships could be included in the build. :hmmm

Terry B)

Back