• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gecko Models 1/35 US Navy PACV

RichB

This kit is inching towards release, it is in assembly testing now.

PACV

PACV_SK-5_Monster (1).jpg

Cheers,
RichB

Last edited:
In case you're unaware, Shawn Gehling provided us with the best walkaround for this kit!

Last edited:
When i was a kid we went on holiday to the Ise of Wight and i remember seeing the prototype SRN5 belting across the harbour.
As a 4 year old in 1964 it was like a space ship and the noise was deafening :)
The factory was at Cowes and the company, Saunders Roe, were well known for flying boats and sea planes. Their hovercraft was their dying gasp as the seaplane market dried up with the jet airliners :)

@moon puppy, I may need to upload these images or find a host... Let me know:

14 year old images probably got lost in one of the migrations. If you have those images Saul just upload them again. Those links will not be valid now.

You got more storage space than we do on the website! But it's cheaper when you have it on your PC.
Yessiree! I do but I won't overload the server with all that! Only the Shawn Gehling photos. Cut them up to nine parts and interlinked them. Enjoy!

With the closure of the Bellingham Maritime Museum in 2015, the PACV now resides at the Yanks Air Museum in Chino, Ca. It looks to still be on their restoration To-Do list.

Cheers,
RichB

Back