• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First armour attack by the NVA on US led forces

The only thing I have noticed Piet is that these sheet metal drums should be fully crushed under an armored vehicle. Otherwise an impressive amount of workmanship.
1.JPG

2.JPG

This is a moment in time ,the front and part of the side barrels are
squashed ,the rest is pushed aside by by the tanks weight and others are in the proces of being
squashed, that's how i see it .

Last edited:
Truly stellar interpretation! One cannot tell if the PT-79 is moving ot not from the photo, don't you agree?!

If it really happened, the PT-76 went up and over it looking at the painting .
The NVA blew and gas the bunker up , trying to get the remaining US and Vietnamese soldiers down in the bunker (that did happen)

On the aerial post battle picture you can see still the other PT-76 on the side that was taken out by SF soldiers .
And it is not in the same place as in the painting .
Personally i think it didn't happen ,It's a Commie propaganda painting.
if you look at the fences they are still in tact ..
lang_vei_bunker_after.jpg

Like i said before i am trying to create the Painting with some artistic licence
Lang-Vei-Painting-1.jpg

The NVA soldiers that i most likely will be using probably don't have the correct shoes on .
I just like the setting .

Later guys :ro:

Last edited:
Oh, come on! You gotta have the correct SHOES!!!! :lol:

You know I love this scene, keep on truckin'! :good:

I decided to go with the burlap (shades) bags,if i went the green nylon bags … it would be way to much greens in the dio.
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Mixed these 3 TAMIYA paints together to make a base color,
Tamiya 003.JPG

And individually painted the bags with the standard 3 Tamiya shades.
Tamiya 002.JPG

What I enjoy most about this build, not so unlike many of your others, is how you start with an idea and create something amazing from commonplace materials. No spending huge amounts of $$ on every resin aftermarket bit, or waiting for inexorable delivery intervals. Piet just builds it. :tens::vgood::salute::oldguy:

Back