• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Final Armor Count for 2014

Duke Maddog

Here it is almost the last day of 2014 and I have finished five more models. Four are armor/vehicles, one is a Sci-Fi ship that you can see in the Sci-Fi and Space Forum.

Now here are the latest four armor models I finished. These four models bring my final armor/vehicle count to: 665.

Two of these are artillery pieces that I was working on for something simple to do while waiting for larger models to dry. This first one is a Late version of the Russian 85mm Anti-Aircraft gun made by ACE in 1/72 scale:

Russian_85mm_AA_Gun_Late_I.jpg

Russian_85mm_AA_Gun_Late_II.jpg

Next is another ACE Russian gun in 1/72 scale, the ML-20 152mm Howitzer:

Russian_ML_20_152mm_Howitzer_I.jpg

Russian_ML_20_152mm_Howitzer_II.jpg

Next up is an American vehicle from WWI. This is the RPM 1/72 scale Mack Tank Transporter:

US_Army_Mack_Truck_Tank_Transporter_I.jpg

US_Army_Mack_Truck_Tank_Transporter_II.jpg

I added some thread to the sides of the truck bed to hold the tailgate while it's down and painted it black. When I get done with my RPM FT-17, I'll be placing it in the back of this truck. More pics of that will come next year.

And finally, my final model completed for 2014 is the Zvezda 1/72 scale Russian Topol SS-25 "Sickle" ballistic missile launch vehicle. My Nuclear Triad is complete: I have B-52's that carry Nukes, US and Soviet Boomers and now this:

Russian_SS-25_Topol_I.jpg

Russian_SS-25_Topol_II.jpg

Russian_SS-25_Topol_III.jpg

That's all I was able to get done this year. I'm far, far below my usual output, mostly due to tackling large, extensive models (DC-6, HP Victor, a 1/32 scale Tigershark, as well as the two 'Alclad monsters' and the Dicker Max, etc.), I also was gone from home most of the summer; making two trips to Florida and one to Ohio. With all that and some of the jobs I was hired to do, I almost feel like it's a miracle I got done what I got done! I certainly finished more than I expected, but far less than usual. Here's hoping I get back up to speed in the New Year.

Stay tuned for my final Year in Review coming up in a day or so. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back