• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Boeing B-727, Heller 1/125 (Father & Son LLC)

dewertus

I'am pleased to present you the new model built within the "education program" of my son's. In this case, my Young was mostly engaged not in assembly but in painting (as opposed to the FW-190, where my part is reduced to the cutting and polishing the parts and paint preparation).

Contrary to initial assessments the Heller kit was demanding "contributor" - assembly of the cockpit glass to the fuselage and correct setting wings required a lot of work. Model was painting using ​​Humbrol paints and was secured by Agama acrylic varnish.

Since the Heller proposal to finish B-727 in the colors of Alaska airline gone appealed to me I decided to use the available "civilians decals" and a little "splash" - in the end I chose the SAS "cammo". Of course, this is a fiction (SAS did not have in fleet the B-727 model), but to made it as possible as can be i was based on appearance of early B-272 delivered to Lufthansa and PAN AM and typical "cammo" rules used by SAS for other machines in this period (early 70's). 727 have even his own name (according to SAS practice) - Einar Viking; in the original this name was carry by SUD Caravelle.

DSCF4142.JPG

DSCF4152.JPG

DSCF4157.JPG

DSCF4193.JPG

DSCF4195.JPG

DSCF4196.JPG

Back