• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another One for the Duke's Trophy Case!

Duke Maddog

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I spent the day at Orangecon, the yearly big contest held by my IPMS club here in Southern California. I had a blast! It was one of the best days ever. I won five raffle prizes; one of which I sold, and I also took delivery (finally!) of my 1/72 scale German Dora Railgun! What a monster that beast is!

The cream of the day is the fact that I also placed Third in Rotary Wing Aircraft; All Types, All Scales with my Hobbycraft 1/72 scale Piasecki H-21 Flying Banana!

Orangecon_2011_Third_Place.JPG

I consider any award I win at Orangecon to be second only to an award from the Nationals. Then again, it is my club's contest; and it is the premier contest in Southern California. It is also the toughest one for me to place in and that means I earned it!

Now that all that is done; I'll be trying to finish up my armored train before I start that monster Dora. I'm hoping by the end of the year I'll be done with the train and then I can start the New Year with the Dora under construction.

I saw this one- it really caught my eye! Congrats, Duke- sorry to have missed the opportunity to meet up.

Back