• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1st Louisiana scout truck UPDATE 11/25

Gator

Using Meng's 1/35 Toyota HiLux, I'm building a scout truck of the 1st Louisiana rebel forces from the series Falling Skies. Of course, the series follows the 2nd Mass, but I wanted to do something from home. The real 1st Louisiana was a US Civil War unit know as the Louisiana Tigers. They were General Lee's shock troops, ferocious fighters.

Bed sprayed with a couple of light coats of terracotta spray paint to replicate a spray-in liner.

1st_Louisiana_truck_1.jpg

A couple of coats of auto color. I need to to the window trim and then wash and weather.

1st_Louisiana_truck_2.jpg

1st_Louisiana_truck_3.jpg

1st_Louisiana_truck_4.jpg

Ammo cans for the bed and back seat.

1st_Louisiana_truck_5.jpg

Armament to be mounted on the roll bar.

1st_Louisiana_truck_6.jpg

1st Louisiana's ID to go on the door.

1st_Louisiana.JPG

And if you have never seen the series, Falling Skies

Re: 1st Louisiana scout truck

Finally got some bench time today. We closed on a house this weekend, YEA! After looking at what I had and what I see around town when it comes to back woods hunting trucks, I decided to strip down the cab and sand down the bed and I will paint it olive drab.

On the cab, I used sheet plastic to armor up the side windows and then used expanded metal photo etch to cover the rear window and front windshield for airflow, gets kinda warm here in south Louisiana. I also beat up the front and rear fenders.

photo_28729~1.JPG

photo_28829~2.JPG

On the roll bar, I mounted the .50 cal mount to a piece of sheet styrene and glued a reinforcement bar and some more expanded metal pe to simulate a headache rack look.

photo_281029~0.JPG

photo_28929~0.JPG

Back