• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1971 Dodge Charger converted to a (my past ride) 1974 Charger

chrispisme

Hi Again
Iron Mike woke me up!
Here's my latest creation (A Frankencar) the build began for this model back around....oh... 2012 or so. Here's a couple of images of the 200 or so of the build process...(just ask) getting to this point. Amongst the (many) changes, MPC (Daisy Duke) Plymouth Road Runner interior, Revell Dodge 6 pack intake and carbs, Revell Dodge Dart Dana 44 (or 60?) differential, 78 Monaco Police car and
010.JPG
137.JPG
166.JPG
180.JPG
189.JPG
154.JPG
236.JPG
243.jpg
242.jpg
245.jpg
246.JPG
248.JPG
many many many home made or modified bits and pieces to turn the 71 into a 74.

Very cool, I haven't seen a '74 in a very long time and this one sure has that 70's vibe. Nicely done. :vgood:

Very nice! My first ride was a 1971 Fiat 850 when I was stationed in the UK. Had zero sex appeal and less horsepower.

Lol.
I never got any complaints about the back seat...I spent quite a bit of time back there with a few young ladies. Ended up marrying one of them!
the speedometer went to 160 mph, the needle would go past that with ease...on the car, not the ladies, although...

Those seats are crazy!! Was your car's interior really like that??

The seats were vinyl, plastic and cloth, with the blue and red plaid white cloth inlaid over the vinyl...yep, they really were like that...not exactly, there's only so close I could get with masking tape and paint. The model is built from my own reference pictures from the re-build I did of the original. Turning an SE into a RS with most parts coming from the same year Plymouth Road Runner I owned (but wrecked) except the 6-pack which came from a 69 Road Runner...and the differential, which came from an RCMP "pursuit special"

I am real late getting into this thread, but that Mopar is drop-Dead gorgeous. I love what you did with the interior and the seats. Very nice job man.

Dave Wahl

Gotta hand it to ya.....the detail work is right up there with the best I've seen. I really like what you did to those seats. WOW!!

Back