• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1950:The Uprising

The Zod

This is a build I am doing for an end of the world/W.W.3 build at a what if modeling site. The back story is.,.......
In 1950,Stalin orders an attack on Western Europe. The Poles,Czechs,Romainians,Hungarians,Ukranians,etc say up yours to Stalin,and fight their former Soviet masters.
They start off by killing the Soviet supplied and trained political officers.

General of the Army,George Patton hears of this and vows to finish what should have been done after the defeat of Nazi Germany.

This is a Tamiya 1/48 IS-2. I rearmed it with a 100mm barrel. The real Stalin tanks had trials with the 100mm barrel,but the Soviets
went with the 122mm barrel instead,

I added Karaya metal tow cables. The 100mm barrel is a 1/35 76mm barrel. Close enough in 1/48 to 100mm. I left the
fuel tanks off,and added spare tracks,and spare road wheel. The boxes on the turret are from the Tamiya T34. They represent
ration boxes. Again,this is hypothetical. Polish markings are on.

uprise3_zps61983e69.jpg

uprise4_zps6fe14e1c.jpg

Thanks everyone. :)

Sherman18.

The kit is really nice. It goes together very well. The bad points....... The hull sponsons need to be filled in.
There is no seam for the turret halves. I used stretched sprue for that seam.

Back