• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 scale Ta 152C now FINISHED

matrixone

Here it is, the finished HobbyBoss 1/48 scale Ta 152C/

This model was built O.O.B. and painted with Model Master enamel paints.

The markings this model wears is of KG(j)27, the KG(j) units were composed of ex-bomber crews (including gunners!) with the intention of quickly training them to fly fighter aircraft to replace the massive losses of aircrew the Luftwaffe experienced in late 1944 and early 1945. KG(j)27 used a wide variety of different piston engine aircraft types ranging from the Fw 190F and Bf 109K-4 to the most advanced fighters the Luftwaffe could come up with like this Focke-Wulf Ta 152C.

Below is a typical KG(j)27 flight line scene from the spring of 1945, the nearest aircraft is a Fw 190A-10, the middle is a Ta 152C, and on the right is a rare Bf 209A-1a pressed into service.

hf26a488.JPG

Here are more pictures of this model.

h9f38ff0.JPG

h90bba03.JPG

h9cfadb4.JPG

h8a7f8b4.JPG

hd8a0615.JPG

h35f907e.JPG

h759fee3.JPG

hd39bab5.JPG

...and a close up of the Bf 209A-1a

h1888aae.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks a bunch guys! :D

More images of the Ta 152C
hecbfd52.JPG

h572aef1.JPG

h39352d9.JPG

h7d7bbc9.JPG

...and here is another view of the KG(j)27 Fw 190A-10 seen in the first image in this thread.

h11a4ee5.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you Paul,
You might have noticed the W.Nr. on the A-10 has one number placed higher than the others, this characteristic was seen on a few other Fw 190's late in the war and I wanted this model to have the same feature.

Matrixone

Thank you Luiz,
The pictures of this model came out okay considering the less than ideal conditions I had to work in, I like the Fw 190D-9 pictures better...these will be seen soon. :D

Matrixone

Thanks Sherman and Gary! (y)

I used photographs of the Luftwaffe aircraft that were flown to Furth near the end of the war to surrender to American forces as a guide for doing the weathering...a more filthy group of aircraft is hard to come by. :)

Matrixone

Back