• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 P-40M (Kittyhawk Mk.III)

Dusan

Hello,

I failed the last time with A-26 Invader, but I think this model is more interesting for this campaign.

I'll probably do the Kittyhawk Mk.III Sharkmouth, If Saul agrees? :coolio

Entry photo, Eduard 1/48 P-40M Warhawk kit (Ex Mauve mold).

Start_zps083ca14b.jpg

Thanks for looking!
All the best!
Dusan.

That is a great kit. Best of all, there is a inexpensive but well made detail set from True Details.

Regards,

Thanks for Your interest guys! Yes Saul You are right, some parts look like parts from No48451 set.
Bob, I really like Official Campaign Time, rules are rules B) :)

Resin parts
001_zps018cf81b.jpg

All the best!
Dusan.

Hello,

First, small photo update

resin work.
003_zps7b60b1f5.jpg

Update soon (weekend). :java

All the best!
Dusan.

Sanding is required to achieve a good fit, surprisingly, it fits perfectly ;)

photo
003_zps9f5bf43b.jpg

All the best!
Dusan.

Good deal! Wish sanding was all I needed I'd have a P38 on the shelf....

Looking good Dusan :popcorn

Eduard/Academy P-38J... I know there are a few problems :S
For this campaign I wanted to do P-38J “Haleakala” but I changed my mind.

All the best!
Dusan.

Eduard/Academy P-38J... I know there are a few problems :S

Bingo, that fancy packaged P38 over Europe boxing. I contacted them about the problem and they said they knew it..sorry. Asked them if they intend to do anything about it and they said no. :facepalm Oh well. Spend my money with eduard very sparingly now, if at all.

Sorry to highjack your build.

Dusan, I know I didn't have a lot of trouble with the resin in the P-40N kit (this is before their learning curve on the CAD BrassIn sets). Is there anything holding you up?

I did get some new decals, and since they double what I already own, can be yours if needed.

Regards,

Sorry for my late reply Saul! There is no problem with the kit just with the time, the problem is that I have to think before I start next time ... I have way too many kits. :unsure: I'll try to finish my P-47N for "Hell in the Pacific" on time. Thank You for your offer :drinks , I think I will use MTO markings from the kit. :hmmm

All the best!
Dusan.

Back